Tuesday, February 20, 2007

4D

Tonight at AWANA we were discussing God's origin, or rather His lack of an origin. The only way you can logically have an uncreated creator is if He exists outside of space and time. That God is eternal is crucial to our understanding of Him. But how do you convey this to a 12 year old?

I started by asking them to name the three dimensions of space: width, depth, hight. I then asked if anyone knew what the 4th dimension was. Immediately one of them answered that it was time. Is God limited by the first 3 dimensions? I asked. No, of course not. He's infinite was the response. Well... then why would you think He's limited by the 4th dimension? I was amazed to see how easily they seemed to understand all at once. They of course were very pleased with themselves. I was very pleased with them to.

No comments: