Sunday, November 12, 2006

Fear and Trembling

It's past midnight, which means today is officially the day I'm speaking at Church. I feel like I have bitten off more than I can chew and I'm nervous about fitting everything in without rushing through anything. To be clear and complete: that is what's hardest of all. I still need to tweak a few things. But I've said my prayers, and know there are a lot of dear souls praying for me. I trust in God. I believe there is a reason for all happenings, even those as seemingly ludicrous as me addressing a congregation. A lot of good people have given me a lot of good advice. I have received some very supportive last minute phone calls and I am so grateful to those people and to God for those people. In less than twenty four hours I'm sure I will be elated, but the next eighteen hours will be psychological torture and I really ought to sleep. It is just hard to sleep with all this fear and trembling. And how did this all happened anyway?

Psalm 55: 4-8
My heart is in anguish within me;
the terrors of death have fallen upon me.
Fear and trembling come upon me,
and horror overwhelms me.
And I say, "Oh, that I had wings like a dove!
I would fly away and be at rest;
yes, I would wander far away;
I would lodge in the wilderness;
I would hurry to find a shelter
from the raging wind and tempest."

2 comments:

steph said...

ryan!! hey!! craziness, how are you doing these days?! wow, nutz how one c4c-er's blog will lead you to another's and another's and all of a sudden you're at ryan lawrence's blog. hahaa. well, i hope you are doing great these days, i'm really stoked for your opportunity to speak at your church! i know God will bless his people through you! take care, now
steph =)

Jonathan P said...

How did that go bud?