Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Nice Day

today was a nice day. i went downtown and hung out with andrew mckenzie and my little sister lydia low. we walked around and had lunch on the back patio of a swanky little restaurant. i had a tuna salad sandwich on rye and vegetable soup which is about as good as lunch gets in my world. after that we stopped into a cute little bakery; andrew and lydia bought some cookies. lydia got shortbread cookies decorated to look like little birds and andrew got chocolate chip granola. then we stopped by my favorite coffee shop in the world, though for the life of me i can’t remember its name. we drank our java on some benches along the street and people watched. andrew had to head back to york, but lydia and i visited my favorite book store, “Elliot's.” There I found a beautiful gem of a book. a rare, limited publication which hasn’t been printed in 20 years. at first i wanted it for myself, but then i decided i would rather give it to a dear and lovely friend. so i cannot say what it is, since i have to keep it a secret for awhile. even my subway ride home was a joy; i read checkhov all the way. my mom made ribs for dinner. i had a terrific jog. the weather was so chilly i finally got to wear my new jogging jacket. then i lifted some weights with my dad. i even played with my puppy. now, to cap it all off i’m going to read the Good Book and then, Lord willing, have a good night.

3 comments:

lowonthego said...

huzzah. what grand times!

Beckers said...

lydia--- cudos for the "Huzzah" reference!!!

Jonathan P said...

Ha! You've given away who the third person's shoes are in that picture of "Watch You(r) Step"

Gets em every time.

You didn't do anything you fool.

Quiet you.

Oh dear, talking to myself online, I better get to bed :)