Monday, October 16, 2006

Growing Up Fast

Rooney went to the vet’s today for his last batch of shots, so he is now fully immunized. They weighed him and he’s up to 34.6 pounds. Not bad for a 3 and half month old. Every one at the vets office was impressed with how big he’s gotten. Also, I took him for a walk the other day and he sniffed his first fire hydrant! My puppy is growing up!!! Next thing you know he will be marking those hydrants and I will be so proud. He’s getting pretty good at sitting and lying down when he’s told to and he’s even starting to learn to stay. I can’t wait till the spring when he will be big enough to go for long walks down by the ravine. Even his bark is starting to change. He’s becoming scary! But he is still such a baby. It’s sad to think, the next time he goes to the vets will be for... well... its just too sad to say. Won’t be long till my puppy is a dog. Its hard being an owner.

3 comments:

Matt Hughes said...

I'm impressed that Rooney is learning to lie down. My dog never got the hang of that!

lowonthego said...

awww this was SUCH a cute post.

Jonathan P said...

Ha, does Rooney still monopolize your bed Ryan?