Wednesday, August 16, 2006

A Tribute to Marry Ann

Mary Ann is the name of the head receptionist at my optometrist's office and she is so nice and sweet and cute that I simply must give her a tribute page. It has been more than a year since I last went to the my eye doctor, yet somehow when i went in today she remembered me. Not only did she remember my name and pull my file immediately, but she also got me in to see the optometrist pronto. I shouldn’t have even bothered sitting down, the service was so VIP. When I was done with the eye exam she helped my to pick out a smashing brilliant pair of specs (at a very reasonable rice too) and then, when she noticed I was almost out of contact lenses she smuggled me a couple of sample pairs. (Shhhhhhh! don’t tell the doctor!) To cap it all off, when I got home I received a phone call from her to let me know that I forgotten my debit card there, but she promised to hold onto it for when I come in next. What a happy “accident”! Now I have an excuse to go back and visit my darling Mary Ann. Oh Mary Ann, why won’t you run off with me to paradise? We could find a desert island somewhere and live beneath the pacific sun. But alas, it would never work. We come from worlds to diverse and distant, and so we are forever set apart, tragically yet beautifully removed. If only I was a bit older and more mature, and if only you weren’t happily married with a mortgage and two children. Sigh...

2 comments:

lowonthego said...

haha that was......


surreally (i know its not a word) bizarre.

Matt Hughes said...

My favorite part of going to the optometrist is when he shines the flashlight into the side of my eye and I can see all the veins and stuff in my retina.